OH Mama!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cuteness abounds

In the wake of a 2 1/2 year old boy, it is common to find a wide swath of crumbs, toys, tears, tantrums, and other miscellany, but through the whirlwind of activity, cuteness abounds. Even on the days when the limits have been tested to the breaking point, he still manages to leave me with smile on my face and joy in my heart.
  • This morning while we were getting ready for work/school (daycare), Sean was coughing something terrible. He seems to have inherited all of mommy's allergies, and the cough was awful this morning. I went in the bathroom to get some cough medicine, and he followed me right in to take it. He *loves* to take medicine. That is sincere, not sarcasm. He drank it all up, then took the spoon, as he always does, and noisily slurped up the little bit that remained. "All gone" he informed me as he handed me the spoon. Then he turned to daddy who was sitting on the edge of the bed watching the proceedings, "I eat it all gone" he informed daddy proudly. He actually says this quite a bit, and though not grammatically correct, I think it is totally adorable.
  • The Sunday before last (04/15/07), we had stopped in at my parents house for a visit, lunch, and a nap (which never did happen), after getting Sean measured for his tux for Kerri and Brad's wedding. He didn't want to sleep because he wanted to play with Grandma and PawPaw. All afternoon, he was pushing the limits. Not really acting up badly, but just not listening. At all. To anyone. Not even just me, which is par for the course. Towards the end of the visit, I was extremely frustrated with the lack of listening skills he had on display. I put my hands on his shoulders and turned him to face me. "What is wrong with you today?" I asked him, "Are your ears broken?" He finally made eye contact and said "Yeah Mommy, my ears are broken." I couldn't help but laugh. What else can you do? He is just so darn cute sometimes!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home