OH Mama!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kill me with kindness

Last night, after we had gone through our nighttime ritual and tucked Sean into bed, Scott went to the basement, and I was starting to pack for our big wedding weekend. I found outfits for Sean to wear to rehearsal and the after-wedding brunch and set those aside, along with the black dress shoes I found him, my shoes, and a few other items I want to be sure not to forget.

Then I set about the dreaded task - find myself something to wear to the rehearsal. I was digging through a bin full of formerly "fat" clothes, and found a skirt that I wore for Easter after I had Sean. The thing should still be too big on me, but sure enough it fit just fine. I dug through my closet for a shirt that would match and was pulling one on when Sean walked into the room with a little grin on his face. "Daddy downsairs?" he asked. I told him yes, and that he could climb up in mommy and daddy's bed for a few minutes until I could take him back to bed. I vetoed the first shirt, pulled on a second one and looked in the mirror. Sure enough, just look fat, not pregnant. Yuck.

At that moment, Sean peeked his little head up from laying on the bed and looked at me. "Your dress is pretty, Mommy." Awwwwwwww. Sometimes he just melts my heart. I'm not even sure where he learned the word dress!? I don't wear them often, if at all! Okay, guess that's what I'm wearing then baby!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home